Raw Mango Summer Refresher
Summers and mangoes are best friends. Can you ever imagine summer without mangoes? No right! There is a multitude of recipes with mangoes, mango cake, custard, and whatnot. But, this raw mango summer cooler will surely top your list of favorite summer coolers. This pleasant and delectable cocktail made with raw mangoes is sure to wow your family and friends. It’s also really simple to create! Because it contains sugar, have one glass as a treat.
What is Aam Panna?
Aam Panna – also known as Aam Ka Panna, Aam Jhora, or Kairi Panha – is the ideal way to refresh and rehydrate. This summer cooler is a sweet-tart discovery made with unripe green mangoes and a slew of Indian spices that will keep you going back for more. The use of black salt and roasted cumin enhances the flavor while also aiding digestion.
This vegan and gluten-free mango Panna drink is made in various places in India, although each region’s version differs somewhat. Aam Panna recipes vary from one household to another. Here is one of the simplest ways of making Aam Panna at home.
Notable Ingredients at a Glance
Raw Mangoes: During the summer, green mangoes are mostly found at every Indian grocery store. Unripe green mangoes should be dark green in color and firm to the touch. Make sure the mangoes are also tart. Avoid those with flaws or soft spots. Mangoes that are fibrous should be avoided. You will need 250 gms or about 1/2 pound of raw mangoes in this recipe.
Mint leaves: Mint leaves are readily available in supermarkets. Mint leaves add a refreshing
flavor to the drink. Use 1/2 cup of mint leaves.
Sugar: Depending on how sweet you want your Aam Panna, you can modify the amount of sugar. For a healthy alternative, substitute brown sugar, powdered jaggery, liquid jaggery, or evaporated sugarcane juice for the sugar.
Salt or black salt: You can use normal salt but, as mentioned earlier black salt enhances the flavor.
Roasted cumin powder: Dry roast 2 teaspoons of cumin and grind it to form a fine powder. This powder will add a classic taste to the drink. You can also use store-bought cumin powder to save time.
How to prepare Aam Panna?
First, peel the mangoes and chop them into pieces. Cook the mangoes until soft.
In the meanwhile, dry roast the cumin seeds until they are slightly deeper in color. Cool and dry grind the cumin to a powder. If you don’t have a dry grinder, you can use store-bought cumin powder and dry roast it.
Once the mangoes are well cooked let them cool down a bit. Then mix them in a blender. Combine the mint leaves, sugar, cumin powder, black salt, and about 1.5 cups of water in a mixing bowl. Blend the entire thing thoroughly. If the consistency of the drink is too thick, add additional water until it reaches the required consistency.
Chill the drink in the refrigerator before serving. Enjoy this refreshingly sweet and tangy drink in the hot summer.
Some Expert Tips to Prepare Aam Panna
- Mangoes should be unripe, green, and tart. For the flavor to be proper, the mangoes must be sour.
- Mangoes that are fibrous should be avoided.
- Mangoes can be cooked in a pressure cooker, a pan, or an Instant Pot.
- Peeling the mangoes is an optional step that I normally avoid, but if you choose, you can remove them and then cook the mangoes.
- The ratio of mango pulp to sweetener is 1:2, therefore measure out the mango pulp in a measuring cup before adding sugar or jaggery. If you get 1 cup of mango pulp, add 2 cups of sugar.
- If you prefer a smooth drink, strain the aam ka Panna drink.
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
Drink made with raw mango is an amazing drink. The sweet and tangy flavor of the drink makes it a perfect summer refresher.
- 250 gm Raw Mangoes
- 1/2 cup Mint leaves
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Salt or black salt
- 1 teaspoon Roasted cumin powder
- 2 cups water
- Peel the mangoes, cut in pieces and boil till tender.
- Take the cumin seeds and dry roast till a bit darker in color. Allow it to cool and dry grind it to make a fine powder. You can take store-bought cumin powder and dry roast it if you don’t have a dry grinder.
- After boiling, cool the mango slightly. Then put them in the blender.
- Add the mint leaves, sugar, cumin powder, black salt and about 1.5 cups water.
- Blend everything well. If you need to thin it out more add more water till you get desired consistency.
- Chill in the fridge and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
Keywords: Aam Panna
Leave a Reply