Air fried Potato Wedges
Spiced Potatoes Fried in Air Fryer
While planning for a quick snack, the first and foremost ingredient that pops into my head is potato. Potato snacks have no alternative; be it in the form of bites, fries, or wedges, they will always be our guilty pleasure. Thus, in an attempt to make it healthy, I have come up with this super bowl potato snack, which is healthy, fried, and too yummy!
What are Air Fried Spiced Potato Wedges?
These crisp potato wedges are yet another fantastic way to consume potatoes, and it’s a variation you’ll want to try.
Air Fryer Spiced Potato Wedges do not require an oven or a deep fryer. This makes them completely achievable and simple at any time of year, even in sub-Saharan temperatures. The heat from your massive 350-degree oven will not set your entire house on fire. You won’t even have to dip your fresh potatoes in hot oil without compromising the crispy finish and the golden-fried hue of Air Fryer Spiced Potato Wedges.
They’re crunchy on the surface, light and fluffy on the inside, and seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika. The best thing is that they crisp up in the air fryer in less than 20 minutes with only 2 tablespoons of oil!
Ingredients At A Glance
Potatoes – For the wedges, use russet potatoes (Idaho potatoes). Other potato kinds, however, will not produce the most pleasing results. This recipe does not require peeling the skin.
Olive oil – It aids in crisping up the wedges in the air fryer. You can also use avocado oil or another high-smoke-point oil.
Spices – To give these potato wedges just the right amount of flavor, we’ll use an essential blend of salt, black pepper, turmeric, oregano, and paprika.
How To Prepare Air Fried Spiced Potato Wedges?
First, pre-heat the air fryer at 180C or 350F for 5 minutes.
Add the potato wedges to a large bowl, and add olive oil, chili powder, turmeric powder, oregano, and salt. Mix them well.
Place the wedges in the air fryer basket and air fry for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, open the air fryer and toss them once. If the wedges are not cooked yet, cook them in the air fry for another 3 to 4 minutes. It should be cooked and crispy by then. Check one wedge to examine the crispiness.
If done, serve them with any condiment of your choice.
Note: You can also prepare these wedges on the stovetop in a pan. Just sprinkle some oil and sauté the potatoes on medium heat. Tastes excellent as a snack or with salt and rice.
Some Expert Tips To Prepare Air Fried Spiced Potato Wedges
- To avoid soggy wedges, thoroughly dry the potatoes before applying the salt.
- Then, fill the air fryer only halfway so that the wedges crisp evenly.
Air fried Potato Wedges
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
Air fried Spiced Potato Wedges. Good Super Bowl snack both healthy and fried and too good!
- 4 Potatoes – medium size, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoon – Olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon – Chili powder
- ½ teaspoon – Turmeric power
- ½ teaspoon – Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Let us first pre-heat the airfrier 180 degree C or 350F for 5 minutes.
- Add the potato wedges in a large bowl, add olive oil, chili powder, turmeric powder, oregano and salt. Mix well.
- Place the wedges in the air fryer basket and air fry for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes open the air fryer and toss them once. If the wedges are not cooked yet cook then for air- fry another 3 to 4 minutes. It should be crisp and cooked through so check one wedge to see.
- If done serve them with any condiment of your choice.
- You can also do these on the stove top in a pan. Just sprinkle some oil and sauté a potatoes on medium heat. Let one side get a bit seated before flipping the wedges. Tastes great as a snack or with salt and rice.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
Keywords: Air Fried Potato Wedges
Leave a Reply