Benarasi Chura Matar/Matar Poha
benarasi chura matar/matar poha
- Author: Mish
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
Benarasi Chura Matar/Matar Poha is very tasty recipe and does not require too many ingredients to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 1 cup Thick Poha
- 1 cup Green peas
- 1 inch Ginger – finely chopped
- 1 tsp Jeera/Cumin seeds
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 Green chilies – finely chopped (you can use more if you want it more spicy)
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala (I have used Mother’s recipe garam masala)
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Ghee/Clarified butter
- Let us first rinse the poha in running water and strain it in a strainer/colander.
- Rinse it twice so that the poha becomes soft.
- Now heat a kadai and add oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds, green chilies and finely chopped ginger.
- Saute for two minutes on low heat till the raw smell of ginger goes away.
- Add the green peas and salt.
- Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on low heat till the peas are cooked.
- Now add the poha, sugar, ghee and garam masala.
- Mix everything very well.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Garnish with some fresh coriander and serve Benarasi Chura Matar with Masala Chai.
Do not soak the poha or else it will become mushy.
Keywords: benarasi chura matar poha
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @eatswithmish on Instagram and hashtag it #eatswithmish
Leave a Reply