A chilled beverage made in the heavens just for summers! I’ve started incorporating smoothies into my diet as a means to eat Wholesome foods without fuss. A Blueberry smoothie is a high-power antioxidant-rich smoothie sure to freshen you up in the peak of the humid summer heat. It’s healthy, tasty, and looks the part on Instagram as well!
What is a Blueberry Smoothie?
In my opinion, Smoothies are the best and fastest way to add fruits to your diet. Fruit smoothies are a classic Summertime beverage that looks trendy and is healthy for you. While there are thousands of combinations for fruit smoothies, in this recipe I will focus on making a Blueberry smoothie. The delicious naturally sweet tangy taste of blueberries paired with the muted sweetness of bananas makes for a guilt-free heavenly experience to gulp down on a hot summer afternoon. Heck, just try it for breakfast! It just tastes good. Plain and simple.
Notable Ingredients at a Glance
Blueberries – Use fresh or frozen blueberries. Either of them will work in this recipe.
Banana – Ripe bananas from the supermarket. In fact, if you have bananas that have been bruised, you can throw them into the blender. The fact that you won’t see the damage would also not make you taste the difference. It tastes the same but some people have a strong susceptibility to the placebo effect.
Honey – Use good quality, honey. You can substitute honey with any sweetener of your choice. However, I would stay away from refined sugar products. That kind of negates the health benefits of this smoothie.
Almond milk – Well, I am using almond milk in my smoothie. You have the freedom to choose whatever milk you want. You can use full-fat whole milk or any other plant-based alternative that suits you better. There are no rules to this game. I’d also like to mention that the amounts specified here are just representative amounts. You can add more or less of anything to this ingredients list.
Garnish: For garnish, you can let your imaginations run wild. Try mint, more blueberries, basil, or fresh cream. Anything that you think will be tasty and healthy at the same time is fair game for garnishing.
How to prepare Blueberry Smoothie
Thoroughly wash your fruits in tap water. The fruits should not have specs of dust or debris on them. If you spot the stems of the Blueberry still attached to them, pick them out. Peel the Bananas and keep them aside.
In a blender jar combine your fruits along with the milk of your choice. I am using almond milk for this recipe. Add in honey or the sweetener of your choice.
Close the lid tightly and Blend for the 30s-40s. It should visibly have a smooth and shiny surface.
Pour in a glass.
Garnish with a few blueberries or any other topic of your choice.
Enjoy the thick and delicious blueberry smoothie.
Some expert tips for preparing Blueberry Smoothie.
- Don’t be afraid to eat fruits even if you are trying to lose weight. Fruits have natural sugars that are not exactly like table sugar and plenty of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants for good health.
- You can alter the ingredients as you wish. More milk, less banana, regular milk, your choice.
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
Smoothies are wholesome foods without any fuss. So, this blueberry smoothie is a highly nutritious filled with antioxidant smoothie. You can enjoy this at any time of the day.
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 2 large Banana
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1/3rd cup Almond milk
- In a blender add blueberries, banana, almond milk and honey.
- Blend everything together for 30- 40 seconds.
- Pour in a glass.
- Garnish with a few blueberries.
- Enjoy thick and delicious blueberry smoothie.
- You can alter the ingredients component as you wish, more milk, less banana, regular milk, your choice.
- Don’t be afraid to eat fruit even if you are trying to lose weight. Fruits have natural sugars that are not exactly like table sugar and plenty of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants for good health. So eat the fruit without guilt.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
Keywords: Blueberry Smoothie
Leave a Reply