Dive into a seafood delight with this gluten-free salmon cake recipe, where succulent salmon blends with the medley of herbs and spices, creating a golden and crispy patties. It give out a burst of flavors that makes a perfect appetizer or main course.
- 2 pounds salmon fillet
- 1 medium onion chopped (any variety of onion will do)
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1-2 teaspoons of garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoon Sriracha sauce (depending on your tolerance level)
- 1 small bunch cilantro finely chopped (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 4 Green chillies
- 3 tablespoon neutral oil, like avocado oil.
- Steam or boil the salmon, cool and mash in a large mixing blowl.
- To this add the chopped onion, garlic, ginger, Sriracha sauce, salt, cilantro and chilies (if using). Note: Cilantro (also called coriander leaves) is optional because some people do not like them. I like the flavor so I always use it but leave it out if you’re not a fan.
- Mix everything together well using a fork or your hands.
- Now add the oat flour little by little so it absorbs the liquid and forms a “dough”.
- Test to see if you can form patties. If so, don’t add any more oat flour. If not add and keep adding till you can form patties.
- Shallow fry the patties and enjoy!
Feel free to use canned salmon. You will need 4-5 cans.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
Keywords: Salmon Cakes