Immunity Drink Kadha
Indian Herbal Drink made with Basic Spices
We all need an immunity drink to boost our metabolism as winter approaches. Kadha, as it is commonly known in India, contains ingredients that are readily available in our homes. These immunity drinks not only boost our immunity but also act as a natural cough and cold remedy.
What is Immunity Drink Kadha?
Kadha is an immunity-boosting traditional Indian Ayurvedic drink made from all-natural ingredients such as herbs and spices that are commonly consumed to relieve symptoms such as fever, cough, and running nose. Some even call it herbal tea.
During the winters when I was growing up, kadha was our go-to drink. This homemade kadha drink has been a family tradition for generations in my family. Every family in India has their own kadha recipe that was passed on to them for generations. This recipe is my family recipe.
What are the benefits of Immunity Drink Kadha?
Herbal tea, also known as kadha, is made entirely of nutritious ingredients. Kadha is filled with a lot of antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins. Now that we faced a pandemic, I believe the benefits of kadha are more beneficial now.
- Herbal tea is high in antioxidants and vitamins, which help to boost your immune system.
- It is great for detoxing your body because it is high in antioxidants. Turmeric, ginger, and black pepper are antioxidants that help you stay clean and healthy.
- Herbal teas are beneficial for coughs and colds. Tulasi, lemongrass is an excellent remedy for respiratory symptoms. It also alleviates asthma symptoms.
- Herbal tea is good for your digestive system because it helps absorb gas, improves blood flow to the entire digestive tract, and eliminates free radicals that cause stomach upset and indigestion.
- Herbal tea contains a variety of natural ingredients that help you burn fat and get lean.
Now that we know the immense benefits of immunity, drink kadha. Let us learn about the various ingredients and their benefits.
Ingredients At A Glance
Ginger – Ginger juice is an excellent cold and flu remedy. It is beneficial to the heart and reduces inflammation. This also aids the body’s natural immunity to viruses and bacteria.
Peppercorns – Black pepper is beneficial for respiratory ailments as well as overall body detoxification.
Cloves – Cloves are high in minerals and vitamins, which help to boost immunity.
Cinnamon – Cinnamon is well-known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Tulsi leaves – Tulsi, also known as holy basil, is a well-known natural remedy for sore throats and for improving cardiovascular health. It is well-known for its ability to boost immunity.
Honey/Jaggery – As sweeteners, use only honey. Honey is mostly sugar, but it also contains trace amounts of vitamins and minerals and is high in plant compounds that promote health. Some nutrients, such as iron and vitamin C, are found in honey.
Water – Use water as per the requirement.
How To Prepare Immunity Drink?
Make a paste with all of the above ingredients except the water and honey in a mortar and pestle.
Take a vessel. Add the water and the paste and allow it to boil.
Reduce heat slightly and let it simmer for 10 minutes till the quantity of water is reduced to half, i.e., 1 cup.
Now, stir in the honey and heat it on the stove for another 1 minute.
Using a strainer, strain it and enjoy your immunity drink Kadha.
You can increase the quantity, make 3 to 4 cups, and store them in the refrigerator. And you can heat it up whenever you want to drink it.
Some Expert Tips for Preparing Immunity Drink Kadha
- You can also add pudina, turmeric, and cardamom.
- Soaking Kadha ingredients overnight and storing them in the fridge facilitates the release and absorption of beneficial compounds.
- You can add some lemon juice too.
- If you are serving children, avoid using strong kadha as it causes body heat.
Leave a Reply