The Pistachio roll recipe is a wonderful dessert packed with the awesomeness of pistachio and almonds. You can make it for any festivities or holidays such as Thanksgiving, Christmas or for any random get-together. It is easy to make and super delicious. Talking about Indian sweets, there is a reason why it is famous worldwide. Mark my words, you won’t regret it.
What is a Pistachio Roll?
Pistachio Roll, which can also be called Pistachios Fudge, is a traditional and popular Indian dessert or sweet dish (mithai) bursting with sweet and nutty tastes from pistachios. This pistachio-based delicacy is flavored with cardamom.
This outstandingly delicious pistachio fudge is fashioned into rolls overflowing with a nutty texture and sweet aromatic tastes. These rolls are ideal for nut lovers and anyone with a sweet craving.
These silky, velvety, smooth, melt-in-your-mouth nut rolls not only look fantastic but also taste incredible. The recipe is simple and straightforward to make, and it doesn’t take long. The handmade version of the Pista roll is worth trying and I can tell you that after you’ve had it, you’ll never want to buy Pistachio Rolls from a store again.
Notable Ingredients at a Glance
Pistachios & Almonds – The main ingredients in the pistachio roll are pistachios and almonds. Use a cup of raw pistachios and almonds. Powder each of them.
Milk – You will need 2 tablespoons of milk for making the dough. Use any kind of milk, preferably whole milk.
Sugar – 1/4th cup of sugar is used as a sweetener, in both powdered and syrup form for pistachio roll.
Cardamom powder – Cardamom powder will give the authentic flavors of Indian sweets in the roll. ¼/4th teaspoon of it will be enough.
Food color (green) – I have used three drops of food color for the beautiful vibrant color of the pistachio roll. However, you can skip it if you do not want to use food color.
How to prepare Pistachio Rolls?
Separately, grind the pistachios, almonds, and sugar in a high-powered blender to form a fine powder of each. Now combine the pistachios, almonds, sugar, and cardamom powder in a mixing bowl and combine them together.
Now add in the milk and food coloring and mix it thoroughly until the color is evenly distributed and the mixture forms a firm dough. If the dough isn’t sticky enough, add a little extra milk.
Roll the dough into long cylindrical shapes with your palm on a wooden board. Also, cut out evenly. If you do not want pistachio rolls, you can also give them some other shape.
Garnish with some chopped pistachio and almonds and serve your guests.
Some expert tips for preparing Pistachio Rolls
- Don’t be concerned if your pistachio and almond dough becomes hard. Add some milk and knead until it becomes a kneadable dough again.
- If your pistachios and almonds are moist rather than dry, dry roast them before grinding.
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
Indian sweet delicacy made with pistachio and almonds for any occasion.
- 1 cup Pistachios
- 1 cup Almonds
- 2 tablespoon Milk
- ¼th cup Sugar
- ¼th teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 3 drops Food color (green)
- Blend the Pistachio, almonds and sugar in a high powered blender separately.
- Now in a mixing bowl add the ground pistachio, almonds, sugar and cardamom powder.
- Mix them well properly.
- Now add the milk and food color mix till the color is blended evenly and it forms a firm dough.
- If the dough is not sticky enough you can add a bit more milk
- Now on a wooden board roll the dough into long cylindrical shapes with palm and cut evenly.
- Enjoy this vibrantly delicious sweet.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
Keywords: Pistachio Roll
Leave a Reply