RAGI/FINGER MILLET IDLI
ragi/finger millet idli
- Author: Mish
- Prep Time: 480 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 8 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 40 1x
Ragi/Finger Millet Idli is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 1½ cup ragi/finger millet
- 1½ cup par boiled rice
- 1 cup urad dal
- 1 tbsp methi seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- Wash and soak the ragi, rice and urad dal in separate bowls for 7 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Put a table spoon of methi seeds along with the rice.
- Grind them separately or together to form a smooth paste.
- Cover and keep them aside in a warm place for 6 to 7 hours or overnight.
- The batter will ferment and become double its amount.
- Now add salt and mix them all well.
- Grease idli mould with ghee/oil and put one ladle full of the batter mixture into each mould.
- Put the idli mould into the steamer and steam them.
- It will take about 12 to 15 minutes for the idlis to get ready.
- Insert a toothpick/skewer to check if they are done or not.
- If the skewer comes out clean then the idlis are done or else steam for some more time.
- Enjoy ragi idlis with hot sambar and chutney.
Keywords: ragi idli millet
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @eatswithmish on Instagram and hashtag it #eatswithmish
Leave a Reply