If you’re looking to create a visually stunning and mouthwatering dish that stands out the Sun Omelette is the perfect choice!
The vibrant colors of ripe red tomatoes and bright yellow egg cheese mixture with scallions create an eye-catching contrast.
Summary of a Sun Omelette
A Sun Omelette involves using a slice of tomato as a unique mold to shape the egg and cheese mixture.
This simple technique results in a beautiful and colorful omelette with a tangy taste, as the tomato subtly infuses its flavor into the eggs. The best part is, despite its gourmet appearance, a Sun Omelette is incredibly easy and quick to make.
Ingredients for Sun Omelette
- Eggs: Use large or extra large.
- Tomato: Choose a larger-sized tomato that is firm on the outside to create a bigger omelet. The firmness will prevent the tomato from disintegrating while cooking.
- Spring Onions: Add 2 tablespoons of chopped spring onions to enhance the texture of the omelet.
- Black Pepper Powder: Use 1 teaspoon of black pepper powder to season the omelet and give it a classic aroma and taste.
- Salt: Use 1 teaspoon of salt, or adjust according to your taste preference. The omelet should have a similar level of saltiness to salted butter.
- Oil: Use 2 tablespoons of oil, assuming you’re using a non-stick frying pan. If you’re using a cast-iron frying pan, slightly increase the amount of oil and ensure the pan is well seasoned.
Here’s how to make a Sun Omelette:
- Slice the Tomato: Start by slicing a firm ripe tomato into a thick round slice. This will serve as the mold for your omelette.
- Prepare the Egg and Cheese Mixture: In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and your preferred cheese, such as cheddar or mozzarella. Feel free to add any additional spices you desire, like red pepper flakes or herbs
- Cook the Sun Omelette: Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and lightly grease it with oil or butter. Place the tomato slice in the center of the pan. Pour the egg and cheese mixture into the hollow area of the tomato, making sure it fills the slice entirely.
- Cook Until Set: Allow the omelette to cook undisturbed for a few minutes until the bottom is set and golden brown. Carefully flip the omelette using a spatula to cook the other side until it is fully cooked and the cheese has melted.
- Serve and Enjoy: Once cooked, gently transfer the Sun Omelette to a plate and admire its beautiful presentation. The bright colors and molded shape make it look restaurant-worthy despite its simplicity. The omelette will have a tangy flavor from the tomato and a delightful cheesy taste.
Now you can enjoy your stunning and tasty Sun Omelette!
Capture its vibrant appeal, and don’t forget to share it on social media.
Some tips for delicious Sun Omelette
- You can add any hot sauce of your choice to the omelet
- Make sure the tomatoes are firm or the mold will not hold.
- You can try this with grenn bell pepper rings as well.
- You can add some chopped cooked sausages or crumbled bacon bits to the egg-cheese mixture.