Elegant Rose Coconut Pudding
Exquisitely flavored Rose Coconut Pudding
Are you planning a beautiful dessert for your Valentine’s Day date? Then, this vegan rose pudding is for you. It is not only delicious but also beautiful! This dessert stands out with its creamy white pudding contrasted with a stunning pink topping garnished with pistachios. It will ensure that special someone feels extra special by having this.
What is Rose Coconut Pudding?
Rose coconut pudding is a light, refreshing vegan pudding ideal for spring and summer. It is an ideal dessert for your V-day date. It is as easy to make as it is delicious, with only a few ingredients!
I loved how delicious the rose pudding turned out. I have assembled this dessert in small glasses to make it look presentable. You can also make it in a large bowl. Rose coconut pudding sets beautifully and is sure to impress!
Ingredients At A Glance
For the Coconut Layer
Coconut Milk – I have used coconut milk for a vegan version. You can also make this pudding using regular milk.
Almond milk – I have used almond milk too. The mixture of coconut milk and almond milk together makes the pudding even more delicious.
Sugar – You can use regular sugar or any substitute like monk fruit sweetener.
For Rose Topping
Rooh Afza/Rose Syrup – Use good quality rose syrup for the best result. You can use rooh afza too. You can find it in any Indian grocery store nearby.
Water – Add water as per your requirement.
Cornstarch – Cornstarch gives the pudding a jelly-like texture.
Pistachio – Garnish the pudding with green pistachios to make this red and white pudding look beyond beautiful and tasty.
How To Prepare Rose Coconut Pudding?
- In a saucepan, whisk together coconut milk, almond milk, cornstarch, and sugar. Please keep in mind that I use organic cane sugar. You can substitute sugar with Monk fruit sugar or Truvia. I wouldn’t recommend using brown sugar because the pudding needs to be white.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently, over medium heat, until the mixture has thickened.
- Divide the mixture evenly among four small jars or glasses.
- Allow the pudding to cool for 10 minutes before transferring it to the refrigerator for 2 hours to set. Remove the jars from the refrigerator once the milk pudding has been set.
- While the pudding is chilling, prepare the topping.
- In a saucepan, combine the Rooh Afza/rose syrup, water, and cornstarch and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- Divide the rose topping evenly among the milk pudding jars (once set and removed from the fridge).
- Place the jars back in the fridge for at least an hour (preferably 2-3 hours), to allow the mixture to set.
- When the pudding has been set, top it with chopped pistachios and serve chilled.
Some Expert Tips For Preparing Rose Coconut Pudding
- Don’t skip the cornstarch: It helps to thicken the pudding but be sure to mix it properly to avoid lumps.
- Garnish with pistachios or rose petals: These garnishes not only add an aesthetic touch to the pudding but also enhance the overall flavor.
- Chill the pudding as indicated: Chilling the pudding allows it to set and become firm.