Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 35 Mins
Aakha Masoor Dal is super easy to make. This recipe is super delicious amd it is a very simple and flavorful recipe. Its a must try!
- 1 cup Whole Masoor Dal( aakha) – washed and soaked for 2 hours
- 1 cup Rice – washed and soaked for 30 minutes
- 1 Onion – medium finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger–garlic paste
- 1 cup Yogurt(Dahi)
- ½ cup Fresh coriander
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 2 Black Cardamon
- 4 Cloves
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- Heat a pressure cooker add oil.
- Add bay leaves and whole spices and let it splutter.
- Now add onions, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, chili powder and stir for 3 to 4 minutes till the onions turn translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste saute for 2 minutes and add curd.
- Mix well and let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add rice and masoor dal and mix everything very well.
- Now add garam masala and mix again.
- Add 2 cups of water, mix and close the pressure cooker.
- Cook on high heat till one whistle. Turn off the heat after one whistle. Let the pressure from the pressure cooker release its pressure on its own.
- Open the pressure cooker after the pressure is released.
- Aakha Masoor dal pulao is now ready to serve garnish with some fresh coriander and enjoy with raita and salad.
Keywords: aakha masoor dal