Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks
We all love fried chicken. In spite of that, we skip having them, thinking about the oil required to make them. So here is an easy solution. With an air fryer, you can have less oil-fried chicken. My kids love it, and even I can have loads of it guilt-free.
What is Air Fried Chicken Drumstick?
Air-fried chicken drumsticks are the perfect crispy chicken legs that go well with beans, corn casserole, Brussels sprouts, and potatoes. A perfect lunch for any occasion!
These air fryer chicken legs are incredible! You don’t have to wait till it’s freezing outdoors to grill them or make a large mess in the kitchen pan while doing so. Air Frying is revolutionizing the culinary world! Air frying chicken legs is the finest method because everything is confined in the air fryer, which sits on your counter. This frees up your oven for the Potato Wedges or Funeral Potatoes that will accompany the legs.
This quick and easy air fryer chicken drumsticks recipe is perfect for the times when you’re in a rush, especially on a busy weekday when getting supper on the table can be a challenge. Children can be fussy eaters, but I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t rush out to buy delicious fried chicken. Serve it with ranch dressing, French fries, rice, or something healthier like broccoli. Your children will be happy without you being in the kitchen for too long.
Notable Ingredients At A Glance
Chicken Drumsticks – You will definitely need chicken drumsticks for this recipe. Choose skinned chicken drumsticks, often known as chicken legs, for that wonderful crispy exterior.
Yogurt – I have used yogurt to marinate the chicken and to turn it tender and soft.
Spices – I am preparing Indian-style chicken drumstick, so we will require a few Indian spices like coriander powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala powder.
Oil – You can use any neutral oil of your choice.
Chaat Masala – Before serving, garnish it with some chaat masala for a chatpata taste.
How To Prepare Air Fried Chicken drumstick?
Take a large mixing bowl and combine all the ingredients: yogurt, coriander powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, oil, and salt. The marinade is now made. Then, add the chicken drumsticks to the bowl and generously coat them with the marinade. Marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours or overnight for optimal results.
For preparing the fried drumsticks, preheat the Air fryer for 10 minutes at 170 C or 350 F Arrange the chicken drumsticks in the air fryer basket and cook for 12 to 14 minutes.
Open the air frier after 10 minutes of cooking, apply butter or oil and cook again for 5 minutes till it turns nicely brown and crispy.
And that’s it! Your Air fried Chicken Drumsticks are now ready to serve. Serve it hot with some sliced onions and condiments of your choice. I personally love it with ketchup and green chutney. You can also try it with mustard sauce.
Some Expert Tips For Preparing Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks
- Instead of using a mixing bowl, you can alternatively combine the ingredients in a large ziplock bag to ensure that each drumstick is thoroughly coated in the oil and seasoning.
- If your air fryer is prone to sticking, consider spritzing the basket with olive oil.
- Some air fryers require that food be rotated halfway through cooking time (check your manual if you are unsure whether this applies to your air fryer).
Air fried Chicken Drumsticks
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
Air fried Chicken Drumsticks is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 4 – Chicken drumsticks cleaned and washed
- ½ cup – Curd
- 1 tsp – Coriander powder
- 1 tsp – Chili powder
- ½ tsp – Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp – Gram masala powder (Mother’s Recipe brand)
- 1 tsp – Mustard oil
- 1 tsp – Salt
- 1 tsp – Chaat masala
- Take a large mixing bowl add curd, coriander powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, mustard oil and salt.
- Mix well. This is the marination for the chicken.
- Add the chicken drumsticks to the bowl and apply the marination liberally.
- Marinate the chicken for atleast 2 hours or overnight for best results.
- Preheat the Airfrier for 10 minutes at 170 degrees Celsius.
- Arrange the chicken drumsticks in the airfrier basket and cook for 12 to 14 minutes at 170 degrees Celsius.
- Open the air frier after 10 minutes of cooking apply butter or oil and cook again.
- Your Air fried Chicken Drumsticks is now ready to serve.
- Serve it hot with some sliced onion, mint chutney and hung curd dip.
Keywords: air fried chicken drumsticks