Aloo Gobi Adraki
When it comes to Indian curries, aloo gobi is quite common and loved by most people. Not only because it is easy to make but mostly because it is truly delicious. Aloo Gobi Adraki is a variation of your favorite aloo gobi sabzi.
What is Aloo Gobi Adraki?
Aloo gobi adraki is a simple and tasty semi-dry North Indian dish or stir-fry made with potatoes, cauliflower, and fresh ginger. This gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian stew comes together quickly and goes nicely with steamed rice, paratha, roti, or naan.
This famous Indian vegetarian side dish is made using simple cupboard ingredients.
The curry or sabzi mixes well with both roti and rice, making it an ideal midweek dish. It is also an excellent choice for lunch packs.
You can saute potato and cauliflower florets ahead of time and then add them to the mixture to simmer. Alternatively, you may combine everything in one pan to create a one-pot supper.
My family enjoys the recipe I’m about to share with you, which I acquired from my mother. I absolutely enjoy how she makes dishes both simple and good to cook.
Notable Ingredients At A Glance
Potatoes – Use golden potatoes for this recipe. You can boil and fry the potatoes to ensure that no potatoes are left out hard.
Cauliflower – Cut the cauliflower florets slightly larger than the potatoes. Then both the potatoes and cauliflower will cook in roughly the same amount of time, rather than overcooking and collapsing before they are done.
Tomatoes – Tomatoes add juiciness and tanginess to the dish. Also, the red color of the tomatoes makes the dish look better.
Green peas – Green peas, also known as matar, have a vibrant, wonderful flavor, a superb texture, and are high in health-promoting elements. If using frozen peas, soak them in warm water for 10 minutes. If you’re using fresh peas, wash them beforehand and set them aside.
Core ground spices
- Turmeric powder
- Red chili powder
Ginger paste – As the name of the dish suggests, ‘Adraki,’ which means ginger in Hindi, makes ginger the hero ingredient of this dish. The aroma of ginger plays a key role in this recipe.
Cooking oil – You can use any neutral oil as you prefer.
Cilantro – Use cilantro for garnishing.
How To Prepare Aloo Gobi Adraki?
Over medium heat, heat the oil in a kadai or a large, deep pan.
Once hot, add ginger paste and sauté for around 2 minutes. The ginger imparts a lovely fragrance when sauteed.
Then add chopped tomatoes, salt, turmeric, and chili powder; sauté for 5 to 6 minutes or till the tomatoes become pulpy.
Next, add cauliflower and potatoes; mix well. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on medium-low or low, depending on the strength of your stove. If vegetables begin to stick, sprinkle some water and stir.
Once the potatoes are almost 80% done, add green peas and then cover and cook for another 3 to 4 more minutes. The tomatoes and masala should get pulpy and form a sauce.
Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve warm. This tastes great with flatbreads and rice.
Some Expert Tips For Preparing Aloo Gobi Adraki
- Suppose you are not using pre-boiled potatoes. Instead, Cook the peeled and cubed potatoes first with the tomatoes and spices, then add the cauliflower when they’re halfway done. At the very end, season with salt. This will ensure that all the potatoes are cooked properly.
- In a mortar and pestle, ginger is simply coarsely mashed. The flavor and scent of ginger are crucial in this dish. Reduce the amount by half or substitute two teaspoons of ginger Paste if you wish to tone down the flavors.
- Substitute red chili powder with paprika or cayenne for heat.
Aloo Gobi Adraki (Potato and Cauliflower curry) This no onion, no garlic recipe is one of my favorite cauliflower recipes. It is friendly, vegan, gluten-free.
- 1 Cauliflower – medium size cut into florets
- 2 Potato – medium cut into cubes
- ½ cup Green peas
- 4 Tomato – finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Jaggery/Sugar( optional)
- 2 tbsp Neutral Cooking oil
- Heat a kadai add oil.
- Add ginger paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, salt, turmeric and chili powder.
- Saute till the tomatoes leave oil.
- Now add the cauliflower and potatoes and mix everything well.
- Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the green peas.
- Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with rice, roti, paratha or poori.
Keywords: aloo gobi adraki