Aloo kabli is a popular Kolkata street food, loved and liked by people of all ages.
It is tangy, salty has potatoes, tomatoes, cucumber and some spices. Let’s get ready to rustle up a fresh chaat.
- 2 Potatoes – boiled, skinned and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Onion – medium size finely chopped
- ½ Cucumber – finely chopped
- 1 Tomatoes – medium finely chopped
- 1 cup Kala chana (black dried chickpeas) – boiled
- 1 cup Dried matar – boiled
- ½ cup Sev
- ½ cup Fresh coriander – finely chopped
- 2 Green chillies – finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 4 tbsp Tamarind chutney
- ½ tsp Rock salt
- 1 tsp Roasted masala
- Take a bowl add the diced potatoes, chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumber, boiled kala chana, boiled white peas( matar), green chilies, salt, roasted masala, lime juice and imli chutney.
- Toss all the ingredients very well so that the imli chutney coats everything.
- Serve it in individual bowls, garnished with fresh coriander and sev.
How to make Roasted Masala
Take 2 tbsp cumin seeds, 2 tbsp coriander seeds and 4 dried red chilies. Roast all ingredients in a dry pan, cool and grind into a powder.
Keywords: aloo kabli kolkata aloo chat