Yields: 1 Serving Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
Aloo Parantha consists of unleavened dough rolled with a mixture of mashed potato and spices. I just love it with pickle.
- 3 cups Wheat flour
- 1 ½ cup Water approximately
- 6 Potatoes – medium size boiled and peeled
- 1 Onion – medium size finely chopped
- 1 Ginger – grated
- 2 Green chillies – finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain/Carrom seeds
- ½ cup Fresh green coriander – finely chopped
- ½ tsp Red chilli powder (optional)
- 1 tsp Amchur/Dry mango powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- Knead the flour with water and form a dough. Let the dough rest for half an hour.
- In a bowl take the potatoes and mix all the above ingredients except oil. Mash the potatoes well so that there are no lumps. Keep it aside.
- Now divide the wheat flour dough into 6 small balls.
- Roll out each ball so you can put potato stuffing in rolled out dough and close the dough over it like in the video.
- Roll out the stuffed ball in the form of a disc (approx. 8” dia) with the help of a rolling pin.
- Heat a girdle/tawa/pan and put some oil/ghee. now place the rolled out parantha on it. Put some oil on the parantha and on the sides of the parantha as well. Roast the paranthas from both the sides till they are golden brown in colour.
- Prepare all the other paranthas in the same manner.
- Enjoy hot Aloo parantha with pickle and curd or white butter.
- Chaat masala can also be used if amchur is not available but then reduce the quantity of salt as chaat masala has salt in it.
Keywords: aloo parantha