Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 30 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 45 Mins
Aloo methi is a very simple and tasty recipe and smells divine when it is being cooked.
- 500 gms Methi/ Fenugreek leaves
- 4 Potatoes – medium size
- 1 inch Ginger – finely chopped
- 1 tsp Jeera/Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Kasuri methi (optional)
- 4 Green chili – slit lengthwise
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp Mustard oil
- 1 tsp Rock salt
- Let us first clean the methi leaves. The stalks of the methi leaves are not eaten so we have to remove the methi leaves and throw away the hard stalks.
- Wash the methi leaves very well in running water and keep it in a strainer to drain away excess water.
- Once the water has drained away finely chop the methi leaves and keep them aside.
- Now peel the potatoes and cut them into 2 cm cubes.
- Heat oil.
- Add green chilies, jeera and let it splutter.
- Now add the chopped ginger and fry it for a minute, till the raw taste of ginger goes away.
- Add the potato cubes and mix everything very well.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and saute it.
- Cook on high for two minutes so that the potatoes become a little crisp from outside.
- Add the chopped methi leaves and mix well. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or till the potatoes become tender.
- Keep stirring in between so that the potatoes do not stick to the bottom of the kada.
- Once the potatoes are cooked add kasuri methi and mix everything again. Serve warm with chapati or paratha.
You can use table salt instead of Rock salt.
Keywords: aloo methi potato fenugreek leaves