Yields: 2 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 20 Mins
Arbi (Taro root) Masala
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
A quick, easy and yummy recipe that does not require too many ingredients.
- 500gms Arbi/Taro root – boiled and peeled
- 1 Onion – medium size roughly chopped
- 2 Tomato – medium size roughly chopped
- 8 Garlic flakes
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Coriander/Dhania powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Mustard oil
- ½ bowl Fresh Coriander
- In a mixer grinder add onion, tomato, ginger and garlic and grind to a fine paste.
- Now heat a kadai add the ground ingredients.
- Now one by one add all the dry ingredients like salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chili powder and mix well so that it all incorporates well.
- Cook on low heat till the oil separates out, which will take about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Now add the garam masala and mix.
- Add the boiled arbi and mix well. Add half cup water and fresh coriander.
- Simmer it on low heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
Boil the arbi in water in an open vessel at least 10 to 12 minutes till tender. If you are boiling the arbi in a pressure cooker add only 1 cup of water and reduce the heat after the first whistle. It does not take more than 5 to 6 minutes for the arbi to cook.
Generally, arbi is deep fried and then added to the gravy but I have tried a healthier version, I have not deep fried the arbi after boiling it and trust me it tastes equally good.
Keywords: Arbi Taro root Masala