From a recent poll I took, several had asked for baked recipes. Here is a very delicious and easy chicken bake recipe.
I have used boneless, skinless chicken breast for this recipe. Many people don’t like to bake chicken breast because it can become hard and rubbery. The trick is to add some butter before you bake to keep the chicken breast moist and juicy.
Best news: this chicken preparation needs NO MARINATION!
- 1 tbsp – Smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp – Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp – Parsley
- 1 tbsp – Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp – Onion powder
- 1 tsp – Salt
- 1 tsp – Black pepper
- 1 tsp – Chili flakes (optional)
- 1 kg (2lbs) boneless and skinless – Chicken breast. You can use chicken breast with bone but that will take longer to cook (30–40 minutes)
- 2 tbsp – Olive oil
- 1 tbsp – Butter cut into 3 or 4 pieces ( depending on if you have 3 or 4 chicken chicken breast pieces for 1 kg).
- Preheat the oven to 230 °C (450°F).
- Prepare the dry rub mixture by combining all the spices together. If you don’t have onion powder, then omit, but don’t use regular onions.
- Coat the bottom of a baking pan with some olive oil
- Coat the chicken pieces with olive oil on all sides. ((in the video I have a bit more olive oil on the baking dish and I used that to coat the chicken too)
- Apply the dry rub mixture on the chicken (all sides)
- Put pats of butter on top of all the chicken breasts.
- If using crushed red chili flakes you can sprinkle them now.
- Bake for about 20 minutes (uncovered) till you see the top is a bit crispy and dark. The part of the chicken breast that shows will look whitish.
In the US where I live the chicken breast pieces are very large so 3-4 pieces will make 1 kg (2.2 pounds). You may have a few more pieces so divide the butter accordingly.
Also, don’t skip the butter because that will make the chicken juicy and add a crispiness to the top of the chicken.
the cooking time will differ a bit according to the thickness of your chicken breast so please check once after 15 minutes. If you are using chicken with bone then it will take longer (30-40 minutes) so keep an eye.
You can serve this chicken with salad, or a simple pulao or steamed vegetables or whatever you’d like.
Recipe inspiration is from @jocooks.
Enjoy! WIll you make this? Let me know in the comments.
Keywords: baked chicken paprika