Who doesn’t like banana bread? Vegetarian option provided. This one does use all purpose flour, sugar and oil so I would consider it a treat and eat a small portion as part of a balanced healthy diet.
- 1.5 cup – All-purpose flour
- 2tsp – Baking powder
- 1/2 cup – Sugar/Jaggery
- 1/2 cup – curd(veg option) or 2 – Eggs
- 2tsp – Vanilla extract
- 3 medium size – Ripe banana
- ½ cup – Chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup– raisins
- 1/2 cup – nuts (almonds, walnuts cashew, whatever you prefer)
- 1/3 cup – Oil
- 1tbsp – Flax seeds (optional)
- Before we prepare the cake batter, let us preheat the oven at 180C or 350F
- Now sift the flour and baking powder and keep it aside.
- Take the sugar and mix in the oil.
- Add the eggs and incorporate well.
- Add the mashed bananas and mix well.
- Add the sifted maida and mix it well and form a dough
- Now add vanilla extract, nuts and raisins, chocolate chunks and mix them all very well.
- Pour in a greased cake tin.
- Sprinkle some flax seeds on the top. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Insert a skewer after 30 minutes to check if it is done or not.
- If the skewer comes out clean then switch off the oven take out the tin and let it cool down.
- If there are cake particles sticking to the skewer then let it bake for some more time.
- Once the loaf cools down completely only then demould it or else it might crumble. Enjoy!
Keywords: Banana Bread