Yields: 2 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 35 Mins
Basanti Pulao is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 1.5 cups – Basmati Rice (cleaned & washed)
- 2 tbsp – Ghee
- 6 – Bay leaves
- 6 – Cardamom
- 2 inch – Cinnamon sticks
- 5 to 6 – Cloves
- ½ cup – Sugar
- 5 to 6 – Green chilies
- 1 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 12 to 15 – Raisins
- 10 to 12 – Cashewnuts
- 1 tsp finely chopped – Ginger
- 2 tsp – Salt
- Take the rice in a mixing bowl and add salt, whole spices like cinnamon sticks, cardamom and cloves.
- Also add ghee (keep aside 2tsp of ghee for later use), turmeric powder and mix well.
- Cover and keep aside this rice mixture for one hour for best results.
- After one hour heat heavy bottomed pan and add 2tsp of ghee which we had kept aside.
- Fry the cashewnuts and raisins for 2 minutes on low heat till they get a nice golden colour on them.
- Now add bay leaves and finely chopped ginger and saute on low heat for 3 to 4 minutes till the raw smell of ginger goes away.
- Add the rice mixture and saute on low heat for 6 to 7 minutes till the rice turns opaque.
- In a separate vessel heat two and a half cups of water and add it to the rice.
- Mix well, cover and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on low heat.
- Now add sugar and lightly mix so as not to break the rice grains.
- Cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Insert the green chilies and cover again.
- Keep stirring in between so that the rice does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- The rice will take about 12 to 14 minutes to cook completely.
- Once done keep the rice covered for atleast 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes the rice will be ready to serve but this rice tastes better the next day.
Enjoy Basanti Pulao as it is or with any gravy dish of your choice.
Keywords: basanti pulao