Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 25 Mins
Beans Poriyal is a very simple and tasty dish. It can be eaten as a salad or accompanied with rice or roti.
- 500 gms Beans – chopped
- 4 Green Chili – slit length wise
- 2 Red chili dry
- 12 to 15 Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 1 tsp Chana dal
- 8 to 9 Pepper corns
- ½ cup Coconut – grated
- ¼ tsp Hing/Asafetida
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Take a wok heat oil, add some pepper corns, red chili and green chili let it splutter.
- Then add the urad dal and chana dal and stir well. Keep the gas on low flame.
- Now add hing, beans, and salt and mix it all very well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove the cover after 6 minutes and add curry leaves.
- Once the beans gets fully cooked add the coconut and cook for about 3 minutes on low.
- Heat a table spoon of oil add mustard seeds and curry leaves let it splutter and the pour it over the cooked beans.
- Mix it well so that it incorporates well.
- Your beans Poriyal is now ready to serve with rice or roti.
Keywords: beans poriyal