Cooking Method: Frying
Yields: 12 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 25 Mins
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
Beetroot cutlets is an easy, colourful and healthy snack. They are not only nutritious but mouth-wateringly delicious!
- 2 Beetroot – medium size roughly chopped
- 1 Carrot – medium size roughly chopped
- 1 Potato – 1 medium boiled
- ½ cup Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup Peanuts – fried
- ½ cup Coconut – cut into 1 cm slices and lightly fried
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tsp Panch phoron
- 2 tsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Rock salt (you can also use table salt)
- 1 tsp Amchur/dry mango powder
- 1 tsp Bengali garam masala powder
- Oil for frying
- Heat ghee.
- Now add the beetroot, carrot and salt.
- Sauté on low heat. Cover and cook so that it gets cooked faster (7-8minutes)
- Incase the vegetables become too dry add ¼ cup water.
- Once cooked mash them slightly
- Cool down completely.
- Transfer it to a bowl and mash it with your hands.
- Now add peanuts, coconut, panch phoron, pepper powder, Bengali garam masala, amchur powder, sugar, ghee, potato and finally bread crumbs.
- Mix them all together and form small cutlets. You can give any shape of your choice. I have given a round shape.
- Keep the cutlets in the fridge so that they become firm.
- Shallow fry.
- Serve them hot with tomato ketchup, mustard sauce and some sliced onions.
It is a Bengali masala which contains five kind of spices like fennel seeds, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, methi/fenugreek seeds and nigella/kalonji seeds in equal quantity. Mix them all together and your Panch phoron is ready.
Bengali Garam Masala
It contains cardamom, cloves and cinnamon in equal quantities, grind them all together in a coffee grinder to a fine powder.
This proportion makes about 12 pieces of medium size cutlets.
Keywords: beetroot cutlet