Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 50 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr 10 Mins
Benne Dosa is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- ½ cup Urad dal
- 1 cup Idli rice/Parboiled rice
- 2 cups Murmura/Puffed rice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Oil/Ghee for making dosa
- 4 Potatoes – boiled, peeled and cut into 2 cm cubes
- 4 Green chili – slit length wise
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 6 to 8 Curry leaves
- 2 Dry red chili
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp Asafetida/Hing
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Wash and soak the urad dal and idli rice for 7 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Grind the dal in a mixer grinder with half cup water to a fine paste. Take it out in a bowl.
- In the same way grind the rice with a cup of water to a smooth paste.
- Now grind the murmura with a cup of water and mix the rice, urad dal and the murmura paste.
- Mix it well with your hands and keep it in a warm place for 7 to 8 hours to ferment.
- Once it has fermented add salt and mix well. If you feel the batter is very thick add some water to it.
- Heat a tawa/girdle, take a ladle full of the batter and spread it evenly on the tawa.
- Drizzle some oil/ghee. Let it cook for 2 minutes on medium heat till golden brown in colour.
- Try to loosen the edges with a spatula.
- Flip the dosa and cook the other side for half a minute.
- Remove the dosa from the tawa and serve with coconut chutney and masala allu.
- Heat a kadai add oil.
- Now add mustard seeds once it starts spluttering add dry red chili, asafetida, green, curry leaves and finally the potatoes.
- Also add salt and turmeric powder.
- Mix well, cover and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Garnish with some fresh coriander and serve with your Benne dosa.
Keywords: benne dosa