Diwali special! Steamed Shondesh/Bhapa Shondesh is made with very few ingredients and has a melt in the mouth texture.
- 200 gms Paneer – cut into cubes
- ¼ cup Milk
- 5 tbsp Powdered Sugar (you can add more if you like it sweeter)
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 20 to 25 Saffron Strands
- In a mixture jar add the paneer cubes, milk, powdered sugar and cardamom powder.
- Blend it all together and blend it into a smooth paste.
- Take a container and apply some clarified butter/ghee.
- Add the blended paneer and sprinkle some saffron strands over it.
- Cover and steam it in a container for 20 to 25 minutes on medium heat.
- Insert a knife to see if it is done or not. If the knife comes out clean then it is done. Once done cool it completely.
- Refrigerate it for 30 minutes for it to become a little firm. After 30 minutes take it out of the refrigerator.
- Place a plate on the container and flip it upside down. Now turn it again so that the right side faces up.
- Cut it into squares or as you desire and serve.
- Your steamed Shondesh is now ready to serve.
- Enjoy your festive season with this super easy and delicious recipe.