Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
Bhindi Do Pyaza
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
Bhindi Do Pyaza is an Indian vegetarian curry where fresh okra is cooked with lots of onion. It’s super simple and tastes great with rice or roti.
- 500gms Bhindi – cut into 1-inch length
- 2 Onion – medium cut into 1-inch cubes
- 10 to 12 Garlic – crushed in a mortar and pestle
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Mustard oil (you can use any oil of your choice)
- Heat oil and put the minced garlic, sauté it for a minute till the raw taste of garlic goes away.
- Then add onion, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chili powder fry for 2 to 3 minutes and add the ladyfinger.
- Mix the Bhindi well with all the masala and add salt.
- Lower the heat and cook for 7 to 8 minutes or till the ladyfinger becomes tender.
Bhindi (okra) needs to be washed in advance much before cooking and all the water has to be dried up so that the vegetable does not become sticky and slimy while cooking.
Never store bhindi in the fridge as it tends to become sticky while cooking.
Keywords: bhindi do pyaza okra