Yields: 2 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
Burnt Garlic Fried Rice
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
Burnt Garlic Fried Rice is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Garlic – finely chopped
- 1 cup Spring onions – finely chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Green chilies – finely chopped
- 2 Red dry chili – finely chopped
- 1 cup French beans – chopped
- 1 cup Carrots – chopped
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 cup Green peas
- 1 cup Yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup Red bell pepper
- 3 cups Rice – cooked and cooled
- ½ cup Spring onion green
- Cook the rice a day in advance and cool it completely and keep it in the fridge.
- Keeping the rice in the fridge will make the rice grains firm, making them easier to separate and decreasing chances of the fried rice becoming mushy.
- Now let us prepare the fried rice.
- Heat a wok add oil.
- Add the finely chopped garlic and fry for 2 to 3 minutes till the garlic turns golden brown in colour.
- Fry the chopped garlic on medium heat so as not to burn the garlic pieces.
- Remove the fried garlic pieces from the wok and keep it aside.
- Now add spring onions to the same oil and fry till transparent.
- Add green chilies, red dry chilies and saute for a minute.
- Add the French beans and carrots and mix everything well.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the soy sauce and mix well.
- Add the green peas and mix.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Now add the yellow and red bell peppers and cook on high heat as we do not want the bell peppers to become soft but maintain their crunch.
- Mix all the vegetables well and add the rice.
- Mix the rice with a light hand so as not to break the rice grains.
- Allow the rice to heat up completely.
- Now add the fried garlic pieces which we had kept aside.
- Mix it all very well so that all the flavours are incorporated well.
- Garnish with some spring onion greens and serve.
Always use cold leftover rice for fried rice.
Keywords: burnt garlic fried rice