Yields: 1 Serving Difficulty: Medium
A very tasty and yummy sandwich which can be had for breakfast or evening snack.
- 1 cup Mushroom – sliced
- ½ cup Onion – finely chopped
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Chili flakes
- 1tbsp Peri peri tomato ketchup (you can use any ketchup of your choice)
- 1tsp Oil
- 4 Bread slice
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the onions in the oil with salt for 3 to 4 minutes on low heat or till they are caramelized to light brown colour.
- Once the onions are caramelized add the mushrooms and caramelize them on medium heat.
- Mushrooms give out a lot of water so it takes about 4 to 5 minutes to caramelize them.
- Once done add oregano, chili flakes and peri peri ketchup.
- Mix them all well and keep the flame low.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes till all the water from the mushrooms dry up.
- Keep the filling for the sandwiches aside.
- Now butter the bread slices, any kind.
- Put the filing on the bread slices.
- Cover with the other slice.
- Heat a grilling pan.
- Apply butter on the outer side of the bread.
- Place it on the pan and grill both sides of the sandwich till they are golden brown in colour.
- Cut them into any shape you desire. I have cut them into squares as well as rectangles.
- Caramelized mushroom sandwich is ready to serve enjoy with ketchup.
Keywords: caramel, mushroom, sandwich