Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Difficult Prep Time: 20 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 35 Mins
Chicken Balls and Mushrooms in Onion Tomato Gravy
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
These creamy chicken balls and mushrooms in onion tomato gravy are soft, juicy and full of flavor. A delicious and yummy recipe
- 400 gms Chicken – boneless
- 1½ cup Mushrooms – sliced into half
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 4 to 5 Cardamom
- 3 to 4 Cloves
- 4 to 5 Pepper Corns
- 6 to 7 Green Chillies
- 10 to 12 Garlic
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Jeera Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Onion Tomato Puree – 2 medium sized tomatoes pureed in a blender
- 2 tsp Salt – half when grinding the chicken and half while making the gravy
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Let us first grind the chicken. You can also use chicken keema in this recipe.
- In a blender add boneless chicken, salt, pepper powder, garlic cloves and green chilies.
- Grind them all together.
- Now take equal portions of chicken and form small balls.
- Keep them in the refrigerator so that they become firm.
- Now let us prepare the gravy.
- In a kadai add oil.
- Add all the whole spices and let them splutter.
- Now add the onion tomato puree, salt, turmeric powder and coriander powder.
- Saute on low heat for 6 to 7 minutes. Once the onion tomato puree is cooked which will take about 2 to 3 minutes add 1 cup water and bring the gravy to a boil.
- When the gravy starts boiling add the chicken balls one by one and let it simmer on low heat now add the mushrooms and cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Chicken balls will be cooked in the gravy and impart their flavour to the gravy if you want to fry and add them you can even do that.
- You Chicken balls and mushrooms in onion tomato gravy is now ready to serve.
- Enjoy it with rice, naan, paratha or roti.
I have not used any chili powder in the gravy recipe as I have used green chilies and pepper powder in the chicken balls. Adding chili powder in the gravy might make it very spicy, you can add chili powder to the gravy if you want to.
Keywords: chicken balls mushrooms onion tomato gravy