The Parsi Chicken Farcha is the most liked Parsi dish often served as a snack or appetizer at weddings, birthdays and family dinners. It is extremely easy to cook and here I have tried the healthier version by not deep frying it.Do prepare and serve at your next gathering.
- 500 gms/lb Chicken – minced
- 1 Onion – big finely chopped
- 1 cup Fresh Coriander – finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Potato – medium size boiled
- 4 tbsp Oil
- In a bowl take the minced chicken. Add chopped onions, fresh coriander, salt, coriander powder and chilli powder.
- Now add the bread crumbs and boiled potato. Mix all the ingredients well and form a dough.
- Keep it aside for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Now grease your palm and take equal portions of the dough and form small round tikkies/cutlets.
- Heat a pan and drizzle some oil.
- Shallow fry the cutlets till golden brown in colour from both the sides. (You can even deep fry the cutlets but I prefer to shallow fry them.)
- Enjoy hot Chicken Farcha with green chutney and some sliced onions.
Keywords: chicken farcha healthy