We all make Egg Bhurji or well done scrambled eggs and here I have added a twist to the bhurji by adding chicken seekh. It is simple and easy to make and is very tasty.
- 1 Chicken Seekh (any type of sausage) – cut into rounds 1 cm thick
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Red Onion – medium chopped finely
- 1 cup Green Onion – chopped finely (optional)
- 1 cup Bell Pepper – red and yellow cut into 1 cm cubes
- 2 Green Chili – finely chopped
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Rock Salt
- 2 tsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Pepper Powder (you can increase or reduce the quantity depending on your taste)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Beat the eggs well and keep it aside.
- Heat oil and butter.
- Now add red onion as well as green onion.
- Add salt, sauté on low heat till the onions become translucent.
- Add green chilies and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Now add tomato ketchup.
- Sauté well.
- Add Black pepper powder and basil and sauté for a minute or two.
- Now add the chicken seekh or sausages and sauté on low for 2 minutes.
- Pour the beaten eggs and scramble the eggs, cook till done, which will take about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now add the bell peppers and cook for two minutes. Do not over cook as we do not want the eggs to turn rubbery and the bell peppers should not become too soft
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and enjoy!
Instead of chicken seekh you can also use chicken sausages
Keywords: chicken sheekh egg burji