Chicken Shammi kebab is a dish originating from India and Pakistan. It consists of small pieces of chicken cooked in spicy tomato sauce with onion, ginger, garlic, chili powder, and other seasonings for an irresistible taste. This recipe will teach you how to make this mouth-watering dish at home!Print
Chicken Shammi Kebab is a kebab which is cooked with chana dal and has a unique flavour. It is soft and melts in the mouth. Yum!
- 500 gms Chicken – boneless
- 1 cup Chana Dal – washed and soaked for 2 hours
- 2 tbsp Ginger – roughly chopped
- 12 to 15 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Onion – medium finely chopped
- 4 to 5 Whole Red Chili
- 1 ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 12 to 15 Pepper Corns
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 10 to 12 Cloves
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg – beaten
- 4 Green Chili – finely chopped (you can increase or decrease the quantity as per your taste)
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- ½ cup Fresh Green Coriander
- In a pressure cooker put the chicken along with soaked and drained chana dal with 1 cup water.
- Add salt, pepper corns, cumin seeds, onions, red chili, ginger, garlic, cloves and bay leaves.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and wait for two whistles.
- Once the pressure is released open the pressure cooker.
- Keep it aside and let it cool down completely.
- Transfer to a blender and blend contents of the pressure cooker coarsely.
- Transfer to a bowl and add ghee, pepper powder, fresh green coriander, green chili and egg.
- Mix it all well and form a dough. Now take a portion of the mixture and form small round kebabs.
- Shallow fry till they are golden brown.
- Serve the kebabs with onion and egg slices along with mint chutney.
Keywords: chicken shammi kebab