Chicken Shammi Kebab is a kebab which is cooked with chana dal and has a unique flavour. It is soft and melts in the mouth. Yum!
- 500 gms Chicken – boneless
- 1 cup Chana Dal – washed and soaked for 2 hours
- 2 tbsp Ginger – roughly chopped
- 12 to 15 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Onion – medium finely chopped
- 4 to 5 Whole Red Chili
- 1 ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 12 to 15 Pepper Corns
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 10 to 12 Cloves
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg – beaten
- 4 Green Chili – finely chopped (you can increase or decrease the quantity as per your taste)
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- ½ cup Fresh Green Coriander
- In a pressure cooker put the chicken along with soaked and drained chana dal with 1 cup water.
- Add salt, pepper corns, cumin seeds, onions, red chili, ginger, garlic, cloves and bay leaves.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and wait for two whistles.
- Once the pressure is released open the pressure cooker.
- Keep it aside and let it cool down completely.
- Transfer to a blender and blend contents of the pressure cooker coarsely.
- Transfer to a bowl and add ghee, pepper powder, fresh green coriander, green chili and egg.
- Mix it all well and form a dough. Now take a portion of the mixture and form small round kebabs.
- Shallow fry till they are golden brown.
- Serve the kebabs with onion and egg slices along with mint chutney.
Keywords: chicken shammi kebab