Chole Tikki chaat as the name suggests has cooked chole and aloo tikki.
- 5 to 6 Potato – medium size boiled and grated
- ¼ cup Rice flour
- 4 Green Chili – finely chopped (you can increase or reduce the quantity as per your taste)
- ½ cup Fresh Coriander
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Chana
- 1 cup Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp while boiling the chana and 1/2tsp while cooking
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Chana Masala (you can use garam masala as well)
- 1 tsp Salt – 1/2 tsp while boiling the chana and 1/2tsp while cooking
- Tamarind Chutney
- Mint Chutney
- Fresh Coriander chopped
- In a bowl grate the potatoes and add green chili, salt, fresh coriander and rice flour.
- Now mix everything together and make a dough.
- Oil your hands and make tikkis. (This proportion will make about 6 tikkis).
- Heat a tawa add oil. You can also deep fry the tikkis but I prefer to shallow fry them.
- Add the tikkis one by one and fry on each side till golden brown in colour which will take about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- In the same way fry all the tikkis and keep them aside.
- Soak the chole in 4 cups water for 7 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Next day morning drain out all the water and wash it under running water.
- Now put the soaked chana in a pressure cooker along with 4 cups of water, salt and turmeric.
- After the first whistle reduce the heat and cook it for 20 minutes more.
- Open the pressure cooker after the pressure is released.
- Now heat a kadai add cumin seeds, let it splutter.
- Now add tomato puree, salt, ginger paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder and chana masala and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Be careful not to burn the masala.
- Add the boiled chole, mix well.
- Add 1 cup water and mix well.
- Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Keep stirring in between.
- Once done cover and keep it aside.
Assemble the chole and tikki
- In a bowl put 2 tikkis cover it with the cooked chole.
- Now add some tamarind chutney and mint chutney.
- Garnish with some sev and fresh coriander.
- Enjoy Chole tikki as your evening snacks.
You can make rice flour at home by grinding rice in a coffee grinder.You can use bread crumbs also but bread crumbs make the tikki very heavy, rice flour makes it very light and crisp.
Keywords: chole tikki chaat