Coconut Modak is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 2 cups – grated coconut/desiccated coconut
- 1 cup – milk powder
- 1 cup – jaggery powder/powdered sugar
- 1 tsp – elaichi powder
- In a kadai put the grated coconut and cook it on low heat for atleast 10 minutes.
- Keep stirring the coconut continuously so that it does not stick to the kadai.
- After 10 minutes add the milk powder and mix well.
- Cook for another 10 to 15 minutes on low heat.
- Now add the jaggery and mix well. The jaggery will melt gradually and mix with the grated coconut.
- Keep cooking on low flame till all the water from the jaggery dries up and the coconut changes colour ie light brown we don’t want the coconut to become sticky.
- Now add the elaichi powder and mix well again.
- If you take it in your hands everything should comes together. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes to reach the desired consistency. Let the mixture cool down a little or else it will be difficult to handle.
- Grease the modak mould with ghee and stuff the coconut mixture into it.
- Close the mould and get the desired shape of the modak and make modaks with the rest of the coconut mixture.
All the cooking should be done on low heat and not high heat as it will otherwise burn the coconut.
Keywords: coconut modak