Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 35 Mins
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
Corn Makhni is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
Onion Tomato Gravy
- 1 – onion, roughly chopped
- 4 – tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 10 to 12 garlic cloves
- 1 – inch ginger, roughly chopped
- 5 to 6 – Kashmiri red chilies
- 4 tbsp – coriander stems
- 10 to 12 – cashewnuts
- 1 – tsp coriander powder
- 2 – pods green cardamom
- 2 to 3 – cloves
- 1 tsp – salt
- 1 cup – water
- 1 tbsp – oil
- 2 tbsp – butter
- 2 – bay leaves
- 1 – onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp – Kashmiri red chili powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – garam masala (I used Everest garam masala)
- 1 tbsp – kasuri methi
- 1½ cup – corn kernels
- 200 gms – paneer/tofu, grated
- 1 – green capsicum, cut into juliennes
- 2 medium size – tomatoes cut into juliennes
- ½ cup – fresh cream/malai
- ½ cup – fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Onion tomato gravy
- Heat oil. Add green cardamom, cloves saute on low ( 1 min) Now add roughly chopped onions add salt.
- Once the onions turn translucent add the garlic cloves and roughly chopped ginger. Saute for 2 to 3 mins on medium.
- Now add coriander powder, cashewnuts, Kashmiri red chili and coriander stems.
- Cook on low heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add one cup water so that the masalas don’t stick to the kadai.
- Once the water dries up and the tomatoes are cooked and mushy switch off the heat. Cool and blend to a purée. Keep aside.
- Heat oil again and Add finely chopped onions, Kashmiri red chili powder and turmeric powder.
- Saute on medium for 3-4 mins.
- Now add the onion tomato puree and cook on low flame for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add corn kernels and mix well. Now add the grated paneer, kasuri methi and garam masala and cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the fresh cream and mix well. Now add the julienned tomatoes and capsicum.
- Let it simmer on low heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Your Corn Makhni is now done you can add some more butter if you desire.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with roti, naan or paratha.
Keywords: corn makhni