Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
Creamy Chicken is one of the most magical chicken curry recipes that fill up the maximum amount of anyone’s plate at a dinner party. Its creamy and extremely tasty.
- 800 gm or almost 2 lbs.Chicken – boneless, you can use chicken with bones as well
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder (optional, you can avoid adding if you don’t want to add)
- 2 tsp Salt – 1 tsp to marinade the chicken and 1 tsp while cooking
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 inch stick Cinnamon
- 4 Cardamom – crushed in a mortar and pestle
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1/2 tbsp ginger and 1/2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp Coriander/Dhania Powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion – medium thinly sliced
- 7 to 8 Cashew nuts – soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp Poppy Seeds/Khas Khas – soaked in 1/2 cup water for 30 minutes
- ½ cup Fresh Cream
- 1 tbsp Kasuri Methi (fried fenugreek leaves)
- Marinade the chicken overnight with salt and lime juice.
- In a mixer grinder add the soaked cashews and poppy seeds and make a fine paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat a kadai add oil.
- Put cinnamon and cardamom.
- Now add onions, salt, ginger-garlic paste and fry them till they are transparent.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder and sauté them all for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix everything together.
- Cook on high heat for 5 to 6 minutes. Reduce the heat and cook for 2 minutes. The chicken will now start releasing water.
- Cover and cook the chicken till the chicken becomes tender.
- Now add kasuri methi and half cup water let it simmer for 2 to 3 minutes on slow heat.
- Add garam masala, mix well.
- Add the cashewnuts and poppy seeds paste. Let it simmer for a minute.
- Add cream and let it simmer on low heat for half a minute.
- Garnish with fresh coriander before serving.
- Yummy Creamy chicken is ready, serve with Indian flat bread i.e. roti, naan, parantha and even steamed rice.
Keywords: creamy chicken