There is nothing more delectable than a juicy, crispy piece of finger-licking fantastic fried chicken when it comes to chicken. It may appear intimidating to fry your chicken, but it’s actually relatively simple and far superior to the grocery stores and fast restaurant crispy chicken.
What is Crispy Chicken?
Crispy fried chicken is a popular dish in southern Chinese and Hong Kong Cantonese cuisine. The chicken is fried so that the skin is highly crunchy, while the white meat remains somewhat soft. Tossed in the sauce, it forms a fantastic snack or starter for a full-course meal.
Chicken fans, whether they are children, teenagers, adults, or the elderly, are famous all around the world! Chicken, in any form, has our heart. But crispy chicken tossed in your favorite sauce has no alternative.
Fried chicken wrapped in sauce; what can be a better combination than that? So, if you’ve ever wanted to try your hand at making your own crispy chicken, now is the time!
Notable Ingredients At A Glance
Chicken – Boneless tenderloin strips of chicken are what you are going to need for this recipe.
Egg – The use of egg whites to bind the coating to the chicken ensures that the crust stays in place even if the chicken adheres to the bottom of the frying pan.
All-Purpose Flour – All-purpose flour gives the batter and seasonings something to stick to while ensuring a wonderfully crispy crust.
Seasonings – For seasoning, we will need coriander powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, and black pepper.
Ginger-garlic paste – ginger garlic paste acts as the aromatics in Chinese cuisine.
Vegetables – You will need thinly sliced onions, thinly sliced red bell peppers, and spring onions. You can add green and yellow bell peppers as well.
Sauce – Tomato ketchup, soy sauce, and red chili sauce are used.
Vinegar – Using vinegar adds flavor and moisture while tenderizing the meat. This can make your dishes more flavorful and appetizing.
Sesame seeds – Sesame seeds have a mild, sweet, and nutty flavor with a pleasing crunch.
Oil – You can use any neutral oil of your choice.
How To Prepare Crispy Chicken?
In a mixing bowl and add the chicken strips, coriander powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, salt, ginger-garlic paste, black pepper, and vinegar. Marinade for 15-20 mins.
Take the chicken strips one by one, dip them in egg slurry, and then coat in one-purpose flour. Now shallow or deep, fry them in oil for 6-8 minutes in low heat till they turn golden brown.
Next, take another pan, heat one tablespoon of oil, and add the chopped garlic, onions, and bell peppers when the oil is hot. Saute them for 3-4 minutes.
Add two tablespoons of chili powder, soy sauce, and one teaspoon of vinegar. Next, add the tomato ketchup and saute for 2-3 minutes.
Mix one tablespoon of all-purpose flour with 1/4th cup of water and add it to the mixture.
Now add the fried chicken strips and coat the chicken evenly in low heat.
Keep stirring till the chicken is coated completely. Serve on a tray and garnish with sesame seeds and chopped spring onions.
Some Expert Tips For Preparing Crispy Chicken
- For an extra crunch, add corn starch along with all-purpose flour.
- You can saute the crispy fried chicken in any sauce of your choice.
- Adjust the spice as per your tolerance.
Crispy Chicken is very easy and simple to make and does not take much time. It is very flavorful and a must try!
- 1 pound or 500gm chicken tenderloin strips
- 2 eggs – beaten
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder( optional)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup thinly sliced onions
- ½ cup thinly slice red bell pepper
- ¾ th cup tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsps vinegar, divided
- 4 chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp spring onions
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl and add the chicken strips, coriander powder, red chilli powder,
cumin powder, salt, ginger-garlic paste, black pepper and 1 tsp vinegar.
- Marinade for 15-20 mins.
- Now take the chicken strips one by one and dip in egg and then coat in one purpose flour.
- Now shallow or deep fry them in oil for 6-8 mins in low heat till they turn golden brown.
- Next take another pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and add the chopped garlic, onions and bell peppers and saute for 3-4 mins.
- Now add 2 tsp chilli powder, soy sauce and 1 tsp vinegar. Next add the tomato ketchup and saute for 2-3 mins.
- Mix 1 tbsp all purpose flour with 1/4th cup water and add it to the mixture.
- Now add the fried chicken strips and coat the chicken evenly in low heat.
- Keep stirring till the chicken is coated completely
- Serve on a tray and garnish with sesame seeds and chopped spring onions.
Keywords: crispy chicken