Yields: 1 Serving Difficulty: Easy
Dabeli a popular snack food of India. It is made with special dabeli masala and garlic chutney.
- 2 Pav/buns
- ½ cup Peanuts
- 4 Whole red chili
- 10 to 12 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Tamarind/Imli pulp
- 2 tsp Jaggery powder (you can also use sugar)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Oil
- 3 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 8 to 10 Pepper corns
- 1tsp Fennel seeds
- 4 Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 Star anise
- 1inch Cinnamon
- 4 Cloves
- 1 tbsp White sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Amchur powder
- 1 tsp Jaggery powder
- 1 tsp Rock Salt (you can also use table salt)
- 2tbsp Dry coconut powder (fresh grated coconut can also be used)
- 2 Bay leaves
For the filling
- 2 Potato – boiled
- 1 Onion – medium finely chopped
- ½ cup Fresh coriander
- ½ cup Sev
- Dry roast the peanuts in a kadai for 3 to 4 minutes and remove it. Let it cool.
- Now in the same kadai add oil and heat it.
- Add the garlic cloves, red chili and fry till the raw smell of garlic goes.
- Now put them all in a blender along with salt and tamarind pulp.
- Grind it coarsely.
- Garlic chutney is ready. Keep it aside.
- Heat a kadai add 1tsp oil.
- Now add red chili, star anise, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves, pepper corns, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, and coriander seeds.
- Sauté them on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or till they change colour.
- Now add the dry coconut and sauté for a minute or two.
- Let it cool.
- In a blender add all the roasted masala, along with sesame seeds, Kashmiri red chili powder, jaggery, salt and amchur powder.
- Now let us prepare the filling.
- Mash the boiled potatoes, to it add dabeli masala and fresh coriander.
- Mix it all well.
- Now let us prepare the dabeli.
- Cut the buns from the center into two halves.
- Put the potato filling.
- Now put the garlic chutney and chopped onions.
- Cover with the other half.
- Apply sev on the sides and your dabeli is ready to serve.