Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 25 Mins
A lot of you ask for paneer recipes so here is another simple and tasty one. You can substitute with tofu if you’d like!
- 400 gms or 1lb Paneer – (cut inti 1 inch cubes)
- 2 cups Yogurt – whisked
- ½ cup Fresh Coriander
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 7 to 8 Pepper Corns
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- 2 tsp Chili Flakes
- 2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Whole Garam Masala – 1 inch cinnamon and 4 cardamom
- 2 Green Chili – finely chopped
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Ghee
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Rock Salt (you can use table salt as well)
- Heat a kadai add oil.
- Add the whole garam masalas, let it splutter.
- Now add cumin seeds, green chili, pepper corns and ginger paste. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp water to avoid burning the masala.
- Now add salt and mix well.
- Once the masala is cooked and the raw smell of ginger goes, add the yogurt
- Now add sugar, pepper powder, chili flakes and garam masala powder.
- Mix well and cook on low.
- Bring it to a boil. Add the paneer cubes at this stage. Simmer on low heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Do not cook on high heat after adding curd as the curd might curdle.
- Add ghee and garnish with fresh coriander.
- Your Dahi paneer is now ready to serve. You can enjoy it with roti, paratha or rice.
Keywords: dahi paneer tofu