Yields: 2 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
Dahi Wale Aloo is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 6 medium size – Potatoes (boiled, peeled and cut into half)
- ½ cup – Curd
- 1 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – Red chili powder
- 1 tsp – Jaggery powder (you can use sugar as well)
- 1.5 tbsp – Coriander powder
- ¼ tsp – Asafetida
- 2 tbsp – Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp – Fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp – Mustard oil
- 2 – Green chilies (slit length wise)
- ½ cup – Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp – Salt
- Let us first prepare the masala for the Dahi wale aloo.
- In half cup curd add turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder and mix well.
- Keep it aside.
- Now heat a kadai add 1tbsp oil and shallow fry the boiled potatoes till golden brown in colour.
- Sprinkle half teaspoon turmeric powder while frying the potatoes so that they get a nice golden colour.
- Since we are shallow frying the potatoes it takes about 5 to 6 minutes to fry them.
- You can even deep fry the potatoes.
- Once done take them out of the kadai and keep them aside.
- Now take a frying pan and dry roast the coriander seeds, fennel seeds and cumin seeds for 2 to 3 minutes on low heat till they give out a nice nutty aroma.
- Put all the roasted masalas in a mortar and pestle and grind them coarsely.
- We do not want fine powder here.
- Now heat the kadai in which we had fried the potatoes.
- Add rest of the oil and add asafetida and green chilies.
- Now add the coarsely ground spices and saute for half a minute.
- Add the curd spice mixture and cook on low heat for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add salt and jaggery powder and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now add the potatoes and mix well.
- If you feel that the masala has become very dry add 1/2 cup water and mix.
- Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes till the oil separates out.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy with roti, paratha or poori.
Keywords: dahi wale aloo