Unfortunately, avoiding daily chemicals that are harmful to your health is practically impossible, especially when they are buried in our clothing, furnishings, soaps, and shampoos. Furthermore, we are continually exposed to environmental pollutants as well as hazardous compounds in our foods, such as heavy metals, pesticides, and preservatives. To avoid toxic overload, which can leave you feeling sluggish, cranky, bloated, and achey, utilize detox drinks to help cleanse and purify your body.
Detox diets are becoming increasingly popular solutions for toxin elimination and weight loss. Their popularity has resulted in the creation of several detox diets and drinks.
While a healthy diet and exercise regimen are vital components of living a fitter life, it is also necessary to participate regularly in a detox program to keep fit. A frequent detox fights harmful buildup in our bodies, allowing our organs to work better and eventually aiding us in our weight reduction goals.
Detoxing is simply a cleansing program in which the user is only allowed to ingest raw food and liquids and is not allowed to drink alcohol, caffeine, cigarettes, refined sweets, saturated fats, or any processed foods.
There are various recipes to prepare detox drinks. But the one that I follow is relatively simple yet beneficial. This experiment to introduce some plant protein (chia seeds are high in protein) to the drink was indeed successful.
Notable Ingredients At A Glance
Chia seeds– When added to water or digested, they generate a gelatinous effect, which cleanses your insides by collecting pollutants on their way out! This is why Chia Seeds are such an effective detox and weight loss supplement. It is also high in fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and protein.
Honey – Honey is one of the healthier alternatives to sugar. Honey and sugar both contain glucose and fructose, but honey also contains minerals and vitamins, including magnesium and potassium. This is why it provides more health benefits than conventional sugar. Thus, it makes it best for this detox drink.
Warm water – Warm water, according to experts, does a better job of detoxifying the body than cold water because it can loosen, separate, dissolve and transport sticky bodily waste more efficiently.
Lemon Juice – Alway use fresh lemons and not artificial lemon juice. You wil need more than one wedge or slice for an effective result.
How To Prepare Detox Drink?
Soak the chia seeds for 10–20 minutes.
Add them to a glass of warm water. Then add the honey and lemon juice. Give it a good stir. Drink on an empty stomach.
What Are The Benefits Of Lemon Detox Drink?
- Because the atomic structure of lemon juice is similar to the digestive liquids present in the stomach, it tricks the liver into creating bile, which aids in the smooth passage of food through your body and gastrointestinal tract.
- The antioxidants present in vitamin C work double duty in lemon water, providing a slew of cold lemon water skin advantages. They combat free radical damage, keeping your skin appearing young and slowing the aging process.
- Staying hydrated is essential for any weight loss regimen. According to research, drinking water with a meal can lessen sensations of hunger while enhancing satiety, allowing you to suppress cravings and minimize your intake.
- One of the most important advantages of drinking lemon water in the morning is that it can efficiently improve energy levels without causing a caffeine crash.
Warm lemon water a few times per week is excellent for detoxing and starting the day with hydration and Vitamin C. This was an experiment to add some plant protein ( chia seeds are high in protein).
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds- soaked
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 glass Warm water
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Soak the chia seeds for 10 mins- 20 mins.
- Take a glass of warm water and add all the ingredients.
- Give it a stir.
- Drink on an empty stomach.