Tired of having simple boiled eggs daily? Here is a fun way to have your boiled eggs with a slight twist. It can also be a nice snack to serve guests. Full of protein, budget-friendly, eggs, and so versatile.
What are Deviled Eggs?
Deviled eggs are hard-boiled eggs that have been shelled, split in half, and filled with a paste produced from the egg yolks mixed with other ingredients like mayonnaise and mustard.
They are typically served cold at gatherings or parties as a side dish, an appetizer, or a main entrée.
A sprinkling of paprika is the traditional topping, but you may use smoked paprika for a rich, smokey taste or cayenne powder to add a spicy bite. If you’ve been asked to bring deviled eggs to a gathering, fill the eggs immediately before serving with the unfilled egg white halves and egg yolk filling that you carried separately.
Notable Ingredients At A Glance
Eggs – You will require hard-boiled eggs for this recipe. Semi-boiled or liquid yolk is not ideal for this recipe.
Mayonnaise – Mayonnaise makes the yolk creamier. This is the main ingredient that makes the hard-boiled eggs different than usual.
Mustard – The strong flavor of mustard pairs really well with the yolk making it tastier. I do suggest Dijon mustard over yellow mustard.
Honey – I have added honey to add a slight sweetness to the yolk. You can skip it if you wish.
Black Pepper – I have used freshly grounded black pepper you can use store-bought ones.
Smoked Paprika or Regular Paprika – garnish the eggs with paprika.
How To Prepare Deviled Egg?
The eggs are hardboiled if the eggs’ shells easily come off. To hard boil the eggs, submerge them in water, boil them for at least five minutes, and then cover them for a bit. Your hard-boiled eggs will be ready.
Cut one hard-boiled egg in half, remove the yolk, and place the yolk in a bowl. Do this with each egg.
Add the mustard, mayo, and freshly ground black pepper to the bowl at this point. To make the yolk mixture smooth, mash the yolks with the back of a spoon before combining all the ingredients. Only add salt after tasting to see whether it’s necessary. Salt is already present in both mayo and mustard, so make sure to taste and only then add extra salt.
Now, using a spoon, re-insert little amounts of the yolk mixture where the yolk once was. You can also use a piping bag too.
Enjoy with a sprinkle of smoked or ordinary paprika!
Some Expert Tips For Preparing Deviled Eggs
- The deviled eggs can be kept in a sealed container for up to two days. This implies that you can prepare them the day before a gathering, party, or potluck.
- Use piping bags to add the yolk mixture, it will look better visually.
Deviled eggs are a great way to enjoy boiled eggs! It’s also a tasty snack to serve to guests. Eggs are a great source of protein and are inexpensive.
- 5 eggs – hard-boiled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp honey mustard
- Dash of fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt (if needed)
- Smoked paprika or regular paprika for garnish
- Hard boil the eggs.
- Take one hard boiled egg, cut in half and take out the yolk and put in a bowl. Do this for all the eggs.
- Now add the mayo, mustard and fresh ground black pepper to the bowl.
- Mash the yolks with the back of a spoon and then combine all ingredients so that the yolk mixture is smooth.
- Taste to see if salt is needed and then only add it. Both mayo and honey mustard have added salt.
- Now take small scoops of the yolk mixture with a spoon and put it back in the egg where the yolk was.
- Sprinkle smoked paprika or regular paprika and enjoy!
Keywords: deviled eggs