Easy Chicken Stir Fry
If you’re looking for quick and easy weeknight meals, stir-fried dinners can be a great option. You can add in protein, vegetables, and everything in one skillet, and a healthy supper will be ready for your family in less than 20 minutes. This is why this chicken stir fry is my absolute favorite.
What is Chicken Stir Fry?
The chicken stir-fry recipe is ideal for a quick weeknight meal. However, protein with at least one vegetable is a must-have for every meal, right? So I am enamored with stir-frys since they readily satisfy both objectives.
The term “stir-fried” is really an umbrella term for any meal that is cooked at high heat (the “fry”) and consequently requires a lot of stirring (to prevent burning). Stir-fry may be whatever you want it to be. The possibilities for add-ins are limitless!
This chicken stir fry recipe will quickly become a family favorite. It comes together quickly and may be made with whatever vegetables you have on hand. It tastes great regardless of how you change the ingredients. So, let’s get started!
Notable Ingredients At A Glance
Chicken – To ensure consistent cooking, chop the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces of the same size. Boneless chicken is mostly preferred for this recipe.
Cooking Oil – I have used olive oil. However, you can use any other neutral oil of your choice.
Cornflour – Cornflour adds a crisp outer texture to the chicken.
Bell Pepper – I have added red and green bell peppers. As mentioned earlier, you can add any veggies of your choice, like, broccoli, carrots, beans, etc. Use thin strips of bell peppers for this recipe.
Sauce – Hoisin sauce and soy sauce are the sauces I have used in this recipe. You can also use your preferred sauces.
Honey – Honey for the touch of sweetness. You can use sugar too.
Vinegar – Vinegar adds a sweet tang to the dish.
Garlic – Garlic adds a pleasant aroma to the dish.
Garnishing – Use unsalted cashews and spring onions for garnishing.
Salt & Black Pepper – Adjust as per taste. Add more black peppers if you want them to be a bit spicy.
How To Prepare Easy Chicken Stir Fry?
Marinate the chicken with cornflour, salt, and black pepper.
Now take a cooking pan, heat it, and add oil. When the oil turns hot, add the chicken and saute in low heat till it becomes golden brown.
Now add the Bell peppers and minced garlic. Saute on medium for 2-3 minutes.
Then add the cashews and sauté for another 2 minutes.
In a separate bowl, add vinegar, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce and mix it. Pour the sauce mixture into the pan and mix thoroughly.
Finally, add the honey and give it a toss. Garnish with spring onions and roasted cashews, and serve hot.
Some Expert Tips For Preparing Easy Chicken Stir Fry
- Some other vegetable alternatives are kale, green beans, cauliflower, asparagus, snap peas, water chestnuts, and baby corn.
- Ground turkey, ground chicken, beef tips, and sausage are among the meat options.
- You can add 2-3 tablespoons of peanut butter, spicy sauce, or hot paprika to the sauce.
- This stir fry goes nicely with noodles and rice.
Easy Chicken Stir Fry is very easy and simple to make and does not take much time. It is very flavorful and a must try!
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 ½ lb Boneless skinless chicken breast (Cut into small pieces)
- ¼ cup Cornflour
- 3 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 Red bell pepper – cut in 1/2 inch strips
- 1 Green bell pepper – cut in 1/2 inch strips
- ¼ cup Hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 3 Garlic cloves,minced
- ½ cup Raw Unsalted Cashews
- spring onion for garnishing
- Coat the Chicken with cornflour, salt and black pepper
- Take a pan, heat it and add oil, saute the chicken in low heat, till it becomes golden brown.
- Now add the Bell peppers, minced garlic, and sauté on medium it for 2-3 mins.
- Add the cashews and sauté for another 2 mins.
- In a bowl, add vinegar,soy sauce and hoisin sauce and mix it.
- Pour the mixture in the pan and mix thoroughly.
- Add honey and give it a toss.
- Garnish with spring onions.
- Serve with rice.