Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 40 Mins Total Time: 55 Mins
South Indian Chicken Curry is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 1 kg Chicken – with bones (you can use boneless as well)
- 2 Onion – medium size finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger – finely chopped
- 7 to 8 Garlic cloves – finely chopped
- 8 to 10 Curry leaves
- ¼ cup Coconut
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 4 Green chilies
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- Marinade the chicken with salt and turmeric for 1 hour or overnight for best results.
- Let us first prepare the masala for the chicken.
- In a mixer-grinder add coconut, onion, ginger, garlic cloves, green chilies and half cup water and make a smooth paste. Transfer it to a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a kadai add oil and heat it.
- Add mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and let it splutter.
- Now add the ground masala and saute it on low heat.
- Add salt, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and saute on low heat for 5 to 7 minutes till the oil separates out.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or till the chicken pieces are cooked.
- Once the chicken is cooked add a cup of water and cover and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves and serve with rice or paratha.
Keywords: easy south indian chicken curry