Yields: 1 Serving Difficulty: Easy
This delicious dish is super easy to make!
- 6 Eggs – hard boiled (boiled for 8 minutes)
- 1 Onion – medium size thinly sliced
- 10 to 15 Curry leaves
- 8 to 10 Peppercorns
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic – finely chopped
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Heat 2tsp of oil in a kadai. Shallow fry the eggs on low flame on both the sides for 30 seconds each.
- Do not fry for too long as the eggs tend to become rubbery if fried for too long.
- Sprinkle some turmeric powder while frying the eggs, it will give a nice golden colour to the eggs.
- Once done keep it aside.
- Now in the same kadai add rest of the oil.
- Put peppercorns, curry leaves and let it splutter.
- Now add garlic and fry for a minute.
- Add onions and fry till transparent add salt, turmeric powder and pepper powder.
- Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Keep frying the onions on low heat for 2 minutes more till they become slightly brown in colour.
- Now add the eggs and give it a good mix.
- Cook for a minute or so.
- Egg pepper fry is now ready to serve you can enjoy it with roti, paratha or naan.
Keywords: egg, pepper, fry