Another easy and simple recipe for Navratri fast. The singhara flour used in this recipe is from water chestnuts which is a winter fruit but the flour is available all year round. Singhara atta is an excellent source of good carbohydrate and energy boosting nutrients like iron, calcium, zinc and phosphorous.
- 5 to 6 Potato – boiled and peeled
- 2 Green Chili – finely chopped
- ½ cup Fresh Coriander – finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Singhara Atta/ Water Chestnut Flour
- 12 to 14 Raisins
- 10 to 12 Cashews
- 1 tsp Sendha Namak
- In a bowl take the boiled and peeled potatoes.
- Add sendha namak, singhara atta, green chili and finely chopped coriander.
- Now mix it all very well and form a dough.
- Grease your palm so that the potato mixture does not stick to your palms.
- Now take equal portions of the mixture and flatten it in your palms and make a small round disk using your fingers.
- Stuff in 2 to 3 pieces of raisins and cashew nuts.
- Lose the kachori and form a round flat tikki. Seal all the edges properly so that the dough does not come out. Repeat the process with rest of the potato dough.
- Deep or shallow fry It takes about 2 minutes on one side (if yous hollow fry). Serve them warm with curd or mint chutney.