Yields: 1 Serving Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 20 Mins
Crisp on the outside, spicy and juicy on the inside. These fish cutlets are made with fish, coated with bread crumbs and fried till cripsy and golden.
- 250 gm (1/2 pound) Fish – (any boneless variety like bhetki, basa, surmai or ravas, halibut. cod)
- 1 Onion – medium finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic – finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies – finely chopped
- 1 Potato – medium boiled
- 1 cup Fresh Coriander
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 6 tbsp Oil – 2 tbsp for frying the onions and the rest for shallow frying the cutlets
- Marinade the fish with salt and turmeric powder for at least half an hour.
- Steam the fish so that it becomes soft. You can either steam in a steamer or just add a little water to a pot and boil the fish on low. Don’t put too much water and keep an eye.
- Now mash and debone the fish. Keep it aside.
- Take a wok heat 2 tbsp of oil add onions and fry till it becomes transparent, it will take about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chopped garlic and fry for 2 minutes or till the raw smell of garlic goes, now add green chillies and fry for a minute or two.
- Now add the fish and sauté it to dry up all the water from the fish. Keep stirring so that the fish does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Remove from fire and let it cool.
- Now add the boiled potato, bread crumbs, green coriander and salt.
- Mash them all together to form a dough.
- Now grease your palm and take equal portions of the dough and form small round tikkies/cutlets.
- Heat a girdle and drizzle some oil.
- Shallow fry the cutlets till golden brown in colour from both the sides.
Keywords: fish cutlet