Yields: 8 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 30 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 45 Mins
We love Fish fry! A nutritious appetizer perfect for the weekend
- 350 gms OR 1.5 pounds Bhetki fillet or any white fish fillet
- 1 Onion – medium size roughly chopped
- 12 to 15 Garlic flakes
- 2 inches Ginger
- 8 Green chili (you can increase or decrease the quantity depending on how hot you like it)
- ½ cup Fresh coriander
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 250 ml Oil for deep frying
Breading the fish
- 2 to 3 cups Breadcrumbs
- 4 Eggs
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Let us first marinade the fish
- In a mixer grinder take onion, ginger, garlic, green chili, fresh coriander, salt and vinegar grind them all together into a fine paste to make the marinade.
- Now apply the marinade uniformly over each fillet, coat both the sides well.
- Keep it in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight for best results.
- Let us now prepare the coating for the fish
- In a bowl break the eggs and add salt and pepper.
- In a plate spread the bread crumbs.
- Dip the fish fillet in egg and then coat with bread crumbs, repeat the process so that you get a thick coating of bread crumbs.
- After coating the fish let it again rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil to smoking and reduce the heat.
- Now gently drop the cutlets into the oil one at a time.
- Fry on medium heat until golden brown.
- Serve hot with onion juliennes, tomato ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard sauce (kasundi)
Keywords: fish fry