Goan Minced Meat Potato Chops is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 200 gm – mutton keema/minced meat
- 1 tbsp – lime juice
- 1 – onion medium size finely chopped
- 4 – green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp – coriander powder
- 1 tsp – red chilli powder
- 1 tsp – black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp – tomato ketchup
- ¼ cup – coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp – garam masala (I have used Everest Gram masala)
- 1 tsp – salt
- 1 tbsp – oil
- 4 – potatoes large, boiled and peeled
- ¼ cup – coriander leaves
- ½ tsp – salt
- 1 tbsp – rice flour/besan
- Oil for frying
- Let us first prepare the filling.
- Heat a kadai add oil.
- Now add finely chopped onions, ginger – garlic paste and sauté it for a minute.
- Cook on low flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now add salt, coriander powder, red chili, tomato ketchup and pepper powder.
- Add the mutton keema and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Keep stirring in between.
- If you feel that the water is drying up add 1cup water, mix well and cover and cook till the keema becomes tender.
- Cook on medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes. Once the keema is cooked, add fresh coriander and lime juice. Mix well.
- There should not be any water in the keema or else the chops will break while frying.
- Let the filling cool down completely.
- Let us now prepare the outer covering
- In a large mixing bowl add potatoes, coriander leaves, salt and rice flour.
- Mix well and make a smooth dough.
- Now take good amount of the potato mixture. It should be size of a golf ball.
- Spread out the potato dough on your palm and place a tablespoon of the filling and cover the filing from all the sides and make a patty.
- You can give any shape of your choice round or slightly elongated.
- In the same manner use up all the filling and make the chops.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry the chops one by one on medium heat until golden brown in colour.
- It takes about 2 to 3 minutes to fry each cutlet.
- Once done take the out from the kadai and serve them hot along with tomato ketchup.
- Enjoy your monsoons with these yummy Goan Minced Meat Potato Chops.
Keywords: goan minced meat potato chops