Haandi Chaat is very tasty recipe and it is very easy to prepare it. It is super delicious and it is a very flavorful recipe.
- 10 Potatoes – medium size boiled
- 1 cup Watana/Dried peas
- 1 cup Fresh coriander – finely chopped
- 1 Onion – small finely chopped (optional)
- ½ cup Tamarind/Imli Chutney
- ½ cup Pudina/Mint Chutney
- ½ cup Pomegranate seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup Cumin-Coriander powder (dry roast equal quantities of cumin and coriander seeds on a hot girdle, once it cools down grind it in a coffee grinder)
- 1 tsp Kala namak/Black salt/Rock salt
- 1 cup Nylon sev
- Water for cooking the dried peas
- Let us first cook the dried peas. Soak the peas in 2 cups of water for 3 to 4 hours. Boil the peas in water with half teaspoon of turmeric and one teaspoon of salt. Once the peas are cooked keep them aside.
- Now let us prepare the Haandi
- Boil and peel the potatoes, cut them into two halves. Now scoop out the potato and make a hollow in the center.
- Now fill in boiled white peas, top it up with the mint chutney followed by tamarind chutney.
- Now sprinkle the cumin-coriander powder, followed by pomegranate seeds and coriander leaves.
- Then put it in your mouth like a gol gappa/paani puri. You just have to have this to experience the multiple flavours exploding in your mouth………
Since both the chutneys and the dried peas have salt in it, it may happen that you may not need extra salt.
Keywords: haandi chaat