Yields: 15 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 50 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr 5 Mins
- Prep Time: 50 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 15 1x
Nankhatai is a popular Indian cookie. Traditionally Nankhatias are made with maida or refined flour and also use loads of sugar but here I have used whole wheat flour and jaggery to make it as healthy as possible.You can make it in small batches and store them in air tight containers.
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- ½ cup Jaggery
- ½ cup Ghee
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 8 to 10 Almonds
- Let us measure all the ingredients and keep them ready.
- In a large mixing bowl add whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder.
- Mix all the dry ingredients with a whisk or spatula.
- In another bowl add jaggery and ghee and mix them. There should not be any lumps.
- Once the ghee and jaggery has mixed well add the dry ingredients gradually.
- Its better to use your hands to form the dough than a whisk or spatula.
- In case you feel that the dough is very dry add 1 or 2 teaspoons of milk.
- My dough was perfect and fine so I did not add any milk.
- The dough should be very tight. Keep the dough in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Now preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Take small portions of the dough and make small round balls and flatten it between your palms.
- Do the same with the rest of the dough.
- Grease a baking tray and place all the nankhatais.
- Bake then for 12 to 15 minutes till they are golden brown in colour.
- Once done cool them for sometime and store them in air tight containers.
- Enjoy your festive season with homemade Nankhatais.
Keywords: nankhatai healthy biscuit cookies